How to Apply
Our school provides education for children in a safe and nurturing environment in order to establish the foundation for their spiritual, social, emotional and academic success.
St. Veronica Catholic School has open enrollment year round.
- Applicants for Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year must be five years old by September 1, 2018.
Kindergarten Readiness Screening
Readiness for kindergarten includes, but is not limited to, social skills, preschool experience, familiarity with books, puzzles, playground games, blocks/Lego-type toys, playmate experience with children of their own age, ability to speak clearly, understanding limits (i.e., “no” means “no”), an established routine of early bedtime and adequate sleep, independent toileting, and the ability to write name, a few letters and numbers.
The Kindergarten Readiness Screening for our Fall 2017 class will be held on a date to be determined once your application packet is complete. Once the office has received a complete application packet, an appointment time will be scheduled for your child. This is an opportunity for the Kindergarten Teacher to observe and assess a child’s cognitive, social and fine motor skills.
The screening for Kindergarten includes:
- A test of general knowledge (the teacher will ask developmentally appropriate questions)
- Observation of social interaction. If, in the determination of the Admissions Committee, a child does not have the readiness skills needed for kindergarten based on observation and preschool report, St. Veronica’s reserves the right to deny admittance.
Application fees are $50 per student
- Please attach a copy of your child’s birth and baptismal certificates, and most recent report card and standardized test scores (if applicable) to the application.
Please be advised that an application does not guarantee acceptance. After a review of the application, past report cards or pre-school information, and test results, a decision will be made as to acceptance into St. Veronica Catholic School. As with any school in the Archdiocese of San Francisco, our policy is the following: The Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of San Francisco, mindful of their mission to be witness to the love of Christ for all, admit students of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students at St. Veronica Catholic School. The Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of San Francisco do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin, age, sex, or disability in the administration of their educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Yet, we hold highly to the belief that St. Veronica Catholic School is a PARISH SCHOOL. Therefore, acceptance decisions are made with the following criteria in mind:
- Siblings (applicants who are brothers or sisters of current or former St. Veronica Catholic School students)
- Legacies (applicants who are children of alumni)
- Catholic: Registered in parish
- Catholic: Registered in other parishes
- Not registered in any parish
What if I am not Catholic?
While we are a Catholic school and share the teachings of the Church, we welcome our non-Catholic friends to join our school family. Over the years, these students and their families have been a special part of our community. During Mass, we welcome our non-Catholic students and guests to join in the Communion celebration by coming forward to receive a special blessing from the priest or Eucharistic minister.
Being Non-Catholic in a Catholic school
We are happy to answer any questions regarding being non-Catholic at St. Veronica Catholic School. Please feel free to contact the Principal.