Our website before the refresh
Starting this new year, we thought it was time for a website refresh since we’ve received a lot of feedback related to our old one. The new website redesign is to refresh our site that was created back in 2010. This will bring real benefits to our school community. It is not just about having a site that looks cool and improving the professional look of our image – it’s also about how use our site to communicate with with students, parents, and community to support learning.
Here are some key ways the site will be more effective:
- Works on all screen sizes, including mobile
- Easier and more consistent navigation so you can find what you are looking for
- Help prospective parents learn about our school
- Provide high quality images so to show our vibrant students / staff and community
- Acts as a community portal to communicate with students and parents, saving time and money (as well as trees)
- Create blogs and add media such as video, images and slideshows to showcase learning, help students develop their technology and literacy skills, and bring our site to life
- Accept applications Online
- Buy tickets or donate to our events Online
- Involve our wider school community by creating pages for your parent groups, clubs, student council and more
A lot of this work was volunteered by Gary Cruz. He used to be the webmaster for Hooked on Phonics and a creative director at several startups. If you have any comments or suggestions on how we can improve, please leave them here or contact the office.